Thursday, August 21, 2008

Old news.

The Reproductive Health Bill. I know it's old news and all but I do feel a bit strongly about it. And I'm for it.

Why?
  1. There are too many families with too many kids who end up on the streets begging or getting into all kinds of trouble. Let's face it, no matter how much we want that to happen most couples who live in the slums have no idea of withdrawal or the calendar method. And if they do, they probably don't know how it works. I'm not insulting their intelligence here, but I think they don't take that kind of thing seriously.
  2. I'm all for abstinence. But. People. Will. Have. Sex. And I'm not just talking about teenagers with wonderful hormones. I've learned to deal with this reality a long time ago. Just because you have those admirable principles about waiting until marriage and such, people will still do it. And as you read this unmarried people are doing it. What's worse unmarried people who can't afford children are doing it. And nine months from now a little baby (whether wanted or not) will exist. But if those said couples were "safe".. Then..
  3. I don't think it's pro-abortion. Or that it's a form of abortion. Life = egg+sperm. Egg = uhm... nothing.. Nothing really. It'll just sit there and wait until that time of the month comes. As for pro-abortion.. The main reason fo abortion is an unwanted pegnancy, right? Then if unwanted pregnancy could be avoided (via abstinence or contraception) then basically there would be nothing to abort.

That being said, please don't get the notion that I'm all for promiscuity and such. I still believe in holding out for "That One". I just think that couples (preferably married ones!) SHOULD have the right to choose what they think is right for them. GMA's being a scaredy cat. Make up your mind,woman. Wake up. You have a go at having seven children with nothing to feed them.