Thursday, August 21, 2008

Animals. Really.

I KNOW everybody's probably sick of reading about this in the papers. That's why I put it here. Nobody wants to discuss politics in multiply. And besides, I need a better outlet than poor Rachel who bear the burden of putting up with me rant and go about it whenever I get the papers. Yeah, yeah. I know what you're probably thinking... I'm a teenager. What do I have to say about it, right? Answer: A lot.

My knowledge about politics and such are rather limited. But in an effort to actually concern myself with what's going on in my country of existence, I monitored that issue and read about it whenever I could. And I got Roberto to explain it's mecahnics to me. And in my opinion, The MOA-AD with the MILF stunt that the administrration tried to pull of sounded like a bad idea at that time
(Yep. It took a teenager to figure that one out. What took THEM so long?!?)
and I was rooting for it NOT to be signed.

Then the SC issued a temporary restraining order. (Roberto and I rejoiced.).. I actually thought everything was going to make sense now. That they would realize that that was a pretty idiotic idea to begin with and tank the damn thing. Next thing I know, however, was that I was sitting in the TV area with my roomates and there it was on the news. Families displaced, civilians killed and taken hostage, houses, schools and properties burned. I threw my hands up in the air. WHAT THE HELL????

The following day, I bought a copy of the Inquirer to read about it and because THIS statement caught my eye "Ma, I'm sorry for all the pain I brought you." I didn't read the headlines. I read this first.


"ILOILO CITY—In a final act of love, Lt. Col. Angel Benitez sent a text message to his wife, just hours before he was killed by Moro rebels in Lanao del Norte province.“Ma, I’m sorry for the all the pains I brought you,” he said to Maria Elena, or “Cookie.”She did not understand his message and he did not elaborate. On Monday, she received a phone call telling her that her husband was among those killed in an attack by Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) rebels."

Source: Inquirer.net

I then found out later that Lt. Col. Angel Benitez was actually a relative of one my friends. The article was heart-breaking. Anyone who hasn't read it yet, should. The rest of the newspaper did nothing to soothe my nerves. The more I read, the angrier I got at the MILF (Not that I wasn't furious with them before). They were acting like children for goodness sake! They are pig-headed, bratty, obnoxious, ignorant, self-righteous, murderers. I BLOODY HATE THEM. What the hell were they thinking? Were they even thinking at all? Apparently manslaughter and destruction of property.. Ruining lives. That just comes easily to them doesn't it? I'm all for peace, but damnit. Those people animals deserve to die. I know I should I contradict myself raving about how killing people is inhuman and whatnot. But damn them. The thought of families losing their homes, children losing parents, that just gets me. Didn't they feel at least a little guilt as they shot a father dead? Or as they torched homes?

They want peace. They want land. Who are they kidding? The way they've been acting, they don't deserve grace in any form. They deserve to go to hell.

No comments: