Wednesday, March 25, 2009

17 months. :]

I couldn't find words. So I guess here it goes. I know we're not getting married yet, but still... I miss you. These are the most beautiful words I've heard in a while. They're yours now.
****
{From Grey's Anatomy, Preston Burke's wedding vows.}
"Cristina, I could promise to hold you, and to cherish you.
I could promise to be there, in sickness and in health.
I could say till death do us part.
But I won't.
Those vows are for optimistic couples,
the ones full of hope.
I do not stand here on my wedding day optimistic or full of hope.
I am not optimistic.
I am not hopeful.
I am sure.
I am steady.
I'm a heart man.
Take 'em apart,
put 'em back together,
hold them in my hands.
I am a heart man.
So this, I am sure.
You are my partner.
My lover.
My very best friend.
My heart.
My heart beats for you.
And on this day,
the day of our wedding, I
promise you this.
I promise you to lay my heart in the palm of your hands,
I promise you...
me."
*****
[This one you know very well. Yvaine? Stardust. :) ]
But to see the way that mankind loves...
You could search to the furthest reaches of the universe and never find anything more beautiful.
So yes, I know that love is unconditional.
But I also know it can be unpredictable,
unexpected,
uncontrollable,
unbearable
and strangely easy to mistake for loathing,
and...
What I'm trying to say, Tristan, is...
I think I love you.
My heart...
It feels like my chest can barely contain it.
Like it doesn't belong to me any more.
It belongs to you.
And if you wanted it, I'd wish for nothing in exchange.
No gifts.
No goods.
No demonstrations of devotion.
Nothing but knowing you loved me too.
Just your heart, in exchange for mine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Knowing that Preston Burke is a heart surgeon makes the lines more "dramatic". Nice post, Paige

Junkie. said...

I love the way he said it. I was practically bawling by the time he was done. Ridiculous. Thanks P. You're the bomb. :P