Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Mayle








i fell in love with the pretty clothes the first time  laid  my eyes on them, so like the quintessential 17-year old of this generation, i googled Mayle and there it was. I spent the rest of my college days going to thrift shop after thrift shop hunting down clothes that scream "MAYLE!!" I guess Jane Mayle's aesthetic had something in common with mine. I loved every piece she made. Remember my Virgin Suicides fashion moment? Yes. The Lisbon sisters would definitely wear Mayle. However, the line has been discontinued, for reasons purely Jane.


“We knew we didn’t want to reinvest in the neighborhood,” Mayle said of the store’s impending lease expiration,  “…the industry has changed so much, and the little niche we entered when I started the brand, and the demands in this niche have changed, so I asked myself, ‘Do I want to keep participating?’”


I WILL miss Mayle. And I will always be her wingwoman.






Her inspiration board for 08





edit: New photos added


MORE MAYLE!!!












Dear God, 
I want those. Thanks. 
Love, Paige.


****

Okay. 
That was really selfish but they were really gorgeous and I really want them.
So there!



1 comment:

tamara said...

hi, do you have any mayle for sale? i'm at tbenveniste@hotmail.com
thanks!