Monday, April 20, 2009

Definition

Describe yourself: .......................................................

I don't think it's possible. AT ALL. There are some people who are lucky enough to be either on one of both: an expert in their field, or a jack of all trades and somehow manage to come out looking unbelievably cool.

I can never, ever, EVER do that. I don't think I even have a field! Which ultimately leads me to the question: "Saan ako lulugar?

There are so many aspects in my life that need to be sorted out. AND fast. I don't what I'm doing or who I am EXACTLY. 

There's so much stuff I want to learn. So many things I want to do. So many people I want to be. And the funny thing is, THEY DON'T ADD UP AT ALL.

I love, love, love clothes. But I KNOW I'm not really good at it. It's just something I really love to do.I want to write. I've been writing as far as I can remember, but recently, I felt like I'm losing touch.I LOVE to read. I want to dabble in philosophy. I want to play at being a photographer. I want to be a lawyer. I want to be an archaeologist. I want to read more about politics. I want to learn how to dance. I like going out. I like reading history books and biographies. I like staying in the library forever. I want to be a magazine editor. I want to stlye clothes. I want to travel the world. I want to be a diplomat. I  want to live in New York. I like nerds. Heck, I WANT to be one. I want. Want. Want. 

These are not shallow wants. These are actual dreams. I love doing these things. I want more time. I want to know MORE. I want to be more. But recently I've been feeling like I've been spreading myself to thinly. I'm afraid I never could actually BE something. I want to be ONE PARTICULAR THING. It sucks. I hate it. The TV shows I watch. The things I read. They don't define me. At all. I feel like they're too varied in terms of genre. I could never classify myself as one particular thing.

This is turning out to be a stupid post. What a waste of time.

 

No comments: