Friday, April 17, 2009

Cat Killing Craziness

Okay. I just read about this and I just have to react. This is crazy. The hype is crazy. And expelling him, or possibly jail? PLAIN CRAZY.

Apparently, a UP student, Joseph Carlo Candare, JC to his friends, killed a cat in front of the NIP (National Institute of Physics) in UP. He made the biggest mistake of his life, however, when he blogged about the incident. To say that hundreds of people were pissed is probably an understatement. Now, PAWS wants him expelled from UP. People are hating on his Multiply site. Bloggers blog about hating him.. Lalalalala...

My reaction? CHILL. I know. I'm kind of disgusted by what he did, but please. EXPULSION? JAIL? Isn't that a teeny tiny bit too much for a cat? He was sorry. He apologized. I understand that some people are furious but can we please step back and look at the bigger picture? Do we really want to destroy a future of something like this? I'm not defending what he did, I know it was wrong. But PLEASE. Can we please be rational about this? This just made me sick in many ways. 

His blog entry:


4th Epic Fail: 

An Accidental Crime. First day sa supercon. Lunch time came. On our way out of old NIP I saw the cat I almost killed last Tuesday. Now everyone knows I hate cats. It's an unexplainable feeling towards them. Like some internal hatred. Hindi ko talaga alam kung bakit pero anumang pagpipigil sa sarili ay hindi sapat upang mapangibabawan ang panggigil ko sa mga pusa. I pulled it on its tail and threw it. Then like some pro wrestler I jumped on it and my feet landed on it's torso. Slam! Felt good! But the cat didn't die, well not yet. It ran for it's life and just as I was about to catch up on it somebody yelled: "Pwede bang pabayaan mo yung pusa?!". It was instant and involuntary. I stopped on my tracks. Nobody ever stopped me when assaulting cats. Well I guess there's always a first time for everything. The cat got away. Or at least that's what i thought. So we went to lunch Mel, Jayson, Tracy and me. After lunch, balik na sa kung anumang naiwang gawain. Then Tracy and Mel told me " Hui Jc napatay mo yung pusa". Hours later, habang abala sa XRD, a guy came in. Tanong niya: "Sinong pumatay dun sa pusa?" Bang! Dat was me boi. Guilty as charged. I didn't see it die pero sabi ni Myles it coughed up blood or at least something like that daw. Didn't realize I gave it a fatal hit. This isn't the first time I've killed a cat but this time it's different. It didn't occur to me back then that the cat had a leash. So I think somebody owns it. Well it's very well loved in NIP from what I heard and I just ended it's life.

So there you go I'm sorry. And I wont be striking another one for maybe about a month. It feels good when your beating it(a cat) up but you suddenly feel something strange when it turns off permanently. That's how I feel right now. And maybe for the next days. Dang, am I a cat serial killer?







Lastly, WHEN YOU JUST KILLED SOMETHING DON'T BLOG ABOUT IT BECAUSE YOU'RE BOUND TO PISS PEOPLE OFF, BIG TIME. 

     

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a cat? Don't you even know that there's a law about animal cruelty? What he did is a crime. It's ignorant to actually get shocked about a possible jail term for killing a cat.

One piece of advice. Try to own one. Be it a dog or a cat. Then blog later about how you'd feel if some stranger murdered it for no reason whatsoever.